Thursday, January 13, 2011

Game 89: Williamsfield vs. Illini Bluffs (Boy's Basketball)

Game 89
Williamsfield vs. Illini Bluffs (Boy's Basketball)
ICAC Tournament (@ Williamsfield)
(1/12/11)


In the nightcap, Illini Bluffs jumped out to a 14-8 lead on Williamsfield.  The 2nd quarter began with the Tigers reeling off a 10-0 run to lead 24-8.  Then the Bombers made a run of their own, outscoring Illini Bluffs 16-5 in the final minutes of the first half, to pull to within five points (29-24). 



The Tigers made a basket in the final minute of the 2nd quarter, to take a 31-24 halftime lead.  Billtown kept up in the 3rd quarter, trailing 47-38 after three quarters, but the Tigers were able to sustain their lead and win, 58-43.

Justin Ingle scored a game-high 17 points in the loss for Williamsfield, while Mitchell Waggoner scored 12 points.  Reid David scored 14 points for Illini Bluffs and Cody Cunningham added 13 points.

The Bombers turned the ball over 25 times, uncharacteristic.  On Monday against Brimfield, Williamsfield committed just 13 turnovers the entire game.  On Wednesday, the Bombers committed their 13th turnover with 5:24 to play in the 2nd quarter.

After the game, I packed up and headed out.  It was cold outside, and I didn't begin to warm up until the Knoxville exit of Interstate-74.

During my road trips, I enjoy to listen to the radio, and flip from station to station.  I listen to everything.  Many times I don't stick to one song, because I am scanning the radio dial.  Tonight, I made note of the songs that I listened to in their entirety. 

Beau's Game 89 Radio Playlist
Papa Roach:  "Lifeline"
The Doors:  "Hello, I Love You"
Skid Row:  "18 and Life"
Black Eyed Peas:  "The Time (Dirty Bit)"
Norman Greenbaum:  "Spirit in the Sky"
Dan Hartman: "I Can Dream About You"

Upon my home arrival, I made a late-night dinner.  At 11:00, dinner was a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios and the rest of my beef jerky.  The life of a road warrior bachelor!

Game 89 Miles:  70

No comments:

Post a Comment