Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas: By the Numbers Update

What a year! Christmas is a great time to reflect on the things that we are fortunate to have. As I embarked on the Quest 2: 150, I never realized how the calendar would benefit my journey. In my years of broadcasting, Christmas has, at times, been a quick in and out with family.



This year, I took Wednesday and Thursday (22nd and 23rd) off as "vacation" days, so I could broadcast 9 games in two days on IHSSN. Following my Tuesday night Sterling/Galesburg broadcast, I was able to cut my trip to Sterling in half, by spending the night at my parents house in Annawan.

With the way the holidays fell, I was able to have an extended stay at home. It will be nice to give the voice a rest...without feeling guilty for missing games! In the time of relaxing, I started crunching numbers. Just six weeks into the Quest 2: 150, I offer up a "By the Numbers."

Games Broadcast
66

Games Broadcast in the Quest to 100 (2009-10) at Christmas '09

38

Percent of Goal
44%

On Pace to Broadcast (# of games)

198

Total Miles Traveled

3,306

Teams Broadcasted
94

Players to Remember (on roster)

1,157

No comments:

Post a Comment