Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Quest 2: 150

Heeee's Baaaaack!!!

After a successful run to the "Century Club" during the 2009-10 basketball season, I have decided to push myself even further.  This time, I will attempt to broadcast (play-by-play) for 150 high school basketball games this winter.

The Quest 2: 150 begins Monday November 15th, the opening night of the girl's basketball season, and will conclude at the end of March during the IHSA State Finals.  There is no taking shortcuts, all 150 games will be varsity games, and will be a full-length broadcast.

The Quest for the Century Club, completed last season, ended up being a 112-broadcast season.  Please note that the 112th broadcast, the Sectional Championship between Orion and Lewistown did not have a blog entry below. 

To peruse last year's blog....I have decided to just continue the blog from last year.  The blog entries will discuss a little bit of everything.  People I meet on the road, talking with coaches and players, behind the scenes stuff that isn't seen in the box score, memories from past broadcasts, and sometimes the best part....the trips themselves.

It's a fun journey, and I hope I can attain my goal...though it will be extremely difficult!

No comments:

Post a Comment