Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Preparing a Quest

Wednesday (11/9/10)
T-minus: 4 days, 18 hours, 51 minutes until broadcast

This year, there is much more planning to my journey to 150 broadcasts. A year ago, my path to 100 (112 to be exact), was a little willy-nilly. I would decide upon a broadcast location just days (or less) in advance.


Not so this year. I am attempting to plan my weeks well in advance. So far, a majority of the first two weeks has been planned, with a couple dates to be announced.

One other big change this basketball season, will be a little more travel. I am taking the opportunity to get out and head to gyms and areas of the state I have yet to visit. My first such trip will be in familiar territory to start. Like last year, I will visit the Sterling Shootout (girl's basketball) just before Christmas and broadcast the full slate of games on Wednesday December 22nd. In fact, the night before I will be broadcasting the Sterling boy's basketball team...but in Galesburg. There are plans to broadcast a game on Thursday December 23rd in the northern part of the state, whether it be in rural northwestern Illinois, the Rockford-area, suburbs, or even the city of Chicago. I have been checking schedules, but have not found a destination just yet.

My second such trip will take me down south in January. This trip will take place right after the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday. On the Tuesday and Wednesday of that week I plan on heading to Benton for one night, and another TBA that week.

I am looking forward to another great year of basketball, and I am extremely excited about the IHSSN Basketball Coaches Polls that will debut next Wednesday. We have had some great voter turnout so far, and will hopefully receive some more ballots in the next few days.

Here is next week's schedule on the Quest 2: 150
Monday (11/15) at Macomb Lady Bomber Classic
Pleasant Plains vs. Rockridge
Havana vs. Illini Bluffs
Macomb vs. West Prairie

Tuesday (11/16) at Galesburg Tournament
Alleman vs. Dunlap
Galesburg vs. Illini West

Wednesday (11/17) at Ridgewood Tournament
B-PC/A vs. Galva
Monmouth-Roseville vs. United
Ridgewood vs. Riverdale

Thursday (11/18) at Fulton County Tournament
Farmington vs. Canton
Lewistown vs. North Fulton

Friday (11/19) at Galesburg Tournament
Metamora vs. United Township
Illini West vs. LeRoy
Galesburg vs. East Peoria

Saturday (11/20) at Galesburg Tournament
Dunlap vs. LeRoy
Alleman vs. Knoxville
Springfield vs. United Township
United Township vs. Dunlap
Galesburg vs. Springfield

No comments:

Post a Comment