Thursday, November 18, 2010

Game 8: Ridgewood vs. Riverdale (Girl's)

Game 8
Ridgewood vs. Riverdale (Girl's)
Ridgewood Thanksgiving Tournament
(11/17/10)


Much of the time I am a robot. Work, work, work, sleep, work, work, eat, work, work, work....well, you get the point. I love what I do. Covering high school sports is a passion, and I want to impact as many people as possible. At times, I don't even get a second to realize that there is a life outside of work.



Usually, I return from work and get on the computer to do more work. Before I know it, I suddenly realize I'm tired and notice it's midnight or 1:00 a.m. That's late, when the alarm clock sounds at 5:00 a.m. It was nice to see an old friend on this night that took my mind off work, if for only a moment. It made me realize that I am still human, despite my robotic routine!

Tonight would be a battle of preseason state-ranked teams in the nightcap, with Class 1A (#8) Ridgewood against Class 2A (#7) Riverdale.

The Spartans won a Class 1A 3rd place trophy last season, but graduated four of their top six players. Riverdale returns their entire lineup from a team that made a run to the Class 2A Sectionals.

Riverdale jumped out to a 15-4 first quarter lead, but the Spartans clamped down their defense and held the Rams to 9 second quarter points, and it was 24-12 at halftime. Riverdale would move on to a 43-25 win.

The Spartans looked like a typical young team still trying to find their way. They will struggle in the first half of the season, but they could surprise a few teams along the way. They will not threaten to return to Redbird Arena, but the future is bright with some talent and large numbers coming up. Riverdale could make an even deeper run in Class 2A this season. They weren't all too impressive tonight, but I can see the promise and talent the Rams hold.

Riverdale's Audrey Bird scored a game-high 12 points, while Victoria May added 11 points and Lauren Ickes added 10 points. Ridgewood's Annie Gelaude scored 10 points.

The game featured a pair of Madison's. Madison Miller for Ridgewood, and Madison Creen for Riverdale.

Game 8 Miles: 68


No comments:

Post a Comment