Monday, November 29, 2010

Game 30: Monmouth-Roseville vs. Williamsfield (Boy's Basketball)

Game 30
Monmouth-Roseville vs. Williamsfield (Boy's Basketball)
Williamsfield Tournament
(11/29/10)


I was excited to get to see this Monmouth-Roseville Titans team in action. After watching some of their summer basketball, I feel that they can make a nice run. I also broadcasted the 7th grade IESA state championship game won by the Titans two years ago, with current freshmen Trayvon Smith and Martel Hunter on that team. Both play significantly on the varsity team.



Jeff Thompson joined me on the Titans broadcast, and Brian Robbins kept some stats for us. Jeff will be handling a lot of Titans play-by-play this basketball season, and Brian will be helping out on some color commentating.

It was a run-and-gun game, with Monmouth-Roseville jumping out to a 18-12 lead after a quarter, and a 35-28 halftime lead. The Titans played 11 players throughout the game, and a few others got in late. Meanwhile, Williamsfield played five players almost the entire night. One substitute came in for the Bombers in the final couple minutes, and a few others finished the game for host Billtown.

Tim Chick had an amazing game for the Titans, scoring a game-high 26 points. 22 of those points came during the second half. Tim's dad Rick, celebrated a birthday today. Rick also told me that I wouldn't be getting any double cheeseburgers tonight. Last year, after I read a McDonald's live commercial during the game, I mentioned my liking to their $1 double cheeseburgers. Rick Chick dropped off a bag with a few of them inside. I need to lay off the double cheeseburgers this winter, as my shirts are already starting to get smaller, and the calendar hasn't turned to December.

30 games are now in the books, which means I am at 20% of my goal, just a hair over two weeks into the season.

This Week
Game 31 (Tuesday): Rockridge @ Ridgewood (Boy's Basketball)
Game 32 (Thursday): Rock Island @ Galesburg (Girl's Basketball)
Game 33 (Friday): Galesburg @ Quincy (Boy's Basketball)
Games 34-39 (Saturday): 1450 Shootout at Springfield (Boy's Basketball)

Game 30 Miles: 76

No comments:

Post a Comment