Monday, November 22, 2010

A Day Off....WHAAAAAT?!?!?!

Monday (11/22/10)
Boy's Basketball Season Opener


The first day of boy's basketball games across Illinois, and I find myself typing on my computer on the couch in my living room watching Monday Night Football. Wait...what?



It's true, and I'm not sick and I still have a voice after an 18-broadcast week. I used this day as a "flex" day, unsure how my body was going to react with the stresses of my week one schedule.

Admittedly, after the second day last week, I thought I was going to be more tired than I have ever been. After getting through the first four days, the weekend was easy, despite broadcasting 8 games on Friday and Saturday.

Most of Sunday was spent resting, watching football, and finishing the basketball preparations for Monday's season opening games. Monday is my day off from work, do to working a myriad of games this week, and a remote on Friday morning (which will be my first Black Friday experience).

If there had been some non-covered tournaments nearby Monday night, I would have set out for a couple broadcasts, but most within feasible driving distance were covered by other stations. I did get the Ridgewood Tournament schedule Monday morning, and had considered making the drive up to Woodhull for a triple-header, but it was a long drive, so I reconsidered.

At first glance, week two looks light, but there are 13 games on the broadcast schedule, with a bulk coming on Friday and Saturday. Those two days are devoted to the Galesburg Thanksgiving Tournament (boy's).

I have made tentative plans for some open dates. Next Monday may be a broadcast with a couple strong Class 1A girl's basketball programs, Annawan hosting River Ridge/Scales Mound. Tuesday is also an open date, and I am looking at some schedules in the Peoria-area. The Sterling Shootout (girl's basketball) has already been on the schedule for Wednesday December 22nd, but I have been looking for a game in northern Illinois for Thursday December 23rd. That date may be covered with a flurry of activity at the Chuck Dayton Tournament (boy's) in DeKalb.

Week Two Schedule
Tuesday: Galesburg @ Quincy (Girl's)
Wednesday: Moline @ Galesburg (Boy's)

Friday

Chicago Curie vs. Rich Central (Boy's)
Galesburg vs. Chicago Collins (Boy's)
Urbana vs. Thornridge (Boy's)
Galesburg vs. Metamora (Girl's)
Rich Central vs. Moline (Boy's)
Galesburg vs. Urbana (Boy's)

Saturday
Thornridge vs. Moline (Boy's)
Chicago Collins vs. Rich Central (Boy's)
Chicago Washington vs. Galesburg (Boy's)
Urbana vs. Rich Central (Boy's)
Galesburg vs. Rich East (Girl's)
Galesburg vs. Thornridge (Boy's)

No comments:

Post a Comment