Tuesday, February 22, 2011

141 Games In...An Update

I think I need Wednesday night off!
Game blogs will be written for Game #140 (Galesburg vs. Ottawa girl's sectional) and Game #141 (Galesburg @ Peoria Notre Dame boy's basketball).  This is just a quick update.



It's a few minutes past 1:00 a.m. and the IHSSN Coaches Polls have just been compiled.  This is the final rankings for Class 1A & 2A boy's basketball, while the final 3A/4A rankings will be released next week.  The day began just before 7:00 a.m. this morning, and it's been non-stop, hence the lack of game blogs. 

Tonight, Galesburg lost 84-39 at Peoria Notre Dame (Game 141).  I don't know what it's like to lose by 45 points in a basketball game, but I feel as though I lost my broadcast my 45 (or more) points tonight.  It was a night that if something went wrong, everything went wrong.  Without going into details (I'll leave that in my blog update), I spent the entire sophomore game driving to two different Radio Shack locations in Peoria, not to mention calling five different U.S. Cellular locations, as well as Best Buy.  Thanks to Travis at the Northwoods Mall Radio Shack, who gave me a 50% discount on some adapters...it was most appreciative, however it didn't work.  I'd rather forget about broadcast #141 and move on, but I must write it out soon.  In broadcasting, 141 may become as unlucky as 13, just because it will remind me of this horrific radio night.

Since I am getting way behind with the long road trips, late nights, and early mornings I have decided to take Wednesday off.  My most recent projection had me hitting broadcast #150 at the end of next week.  With a night off this week, that could delay the milestone into the following week, however I may decide to broadcast the 3A/4A girl's basketball state finals.

Speaking of state finals, I will be covering the Saturday games at Redbird Arena for Class 1A/2A.  I am experiencing an issue with the IHSSN website with links, which is holding up some updates.  I am hoping to have a live chat room open for Saturday to talk girl's basketball.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment