Sunday, December 12, 2010

Game 45: Peoria Notre Dame @ Galesburg (Girl's Basketball)

Game 45
Peoria Notre Dame @ Galesburg (Girl's Basketball)
Galesburg Mid-Winter Classic
12/11/10


After my first broadcast wrapped up, I was disappointed that I didn't schedule the next game, Alleman vs. Normal U-High. Originally looking at the schedule, I didn't want to squeeze another broadcast in between Galesburg games, but failed to recognize the long break between games two and three at the tournament. Lousy planning on my part.



At any rate, I took in the matchup between Pioneers. Normal U-High led much of the game, but the game was close throughout. Alleman pulled out a 52-51 victory. Afterwards, I decided to get out of the gym for a few minutes. After a month of the season, I have begun to fail my original goals (outside of broadcasting). Eating healthy. Too many times in the past week, I have come home late and decided against going to the grocery store, which leads into a lot of trips to the drive-thru. That comes to an end after today, and a healthy lifestyle will reemerge. My lunch consisted of two McDouble's and a side salad. Not only do I need to get back to eating good food for my health...my shirts seem to be getting smaller!

When I returned to the gym, it was about an hour before tipoff. Both teams were in the gym, just staying loose. Galesburg assistant coaches Jacque Gohlinghorst and Andie Allison were playing HORSE on one side of the gym, and WGIL broadcaster Tom Meredith and Galesburg assistant baseball coach Steve Schwab were on the other end showing off their shooting skills.

Peoria Notre Dame came into the gym, as the favorite. The Irish are one of the better Peoria-area schools and enter with a 6-3 record, after falling to Morton in the morning session at Lombard Middle School in Galesburg.

The hot shooting from the morning carried over, and Galesburg torched the nets for 28 first quarter points. The Streaks led at halftime, 43-25. Galesburg cruised for the 73-60 win. Jessica Howard scored 18 points, and Jamie Johnson added 15 points. Tai Peachey pitched in 13 points. Galesburg shot 11-36 from the three-point line, and forced 30 turnovers. Notre Dame was led by Jenny Coughlon's 16 points. Kristin Itschner added 12 points. She will be playing college basketball next year at Lewis University.

Name Game: Notre Dame's Kylie Fahel's (5'11" So.) last name is pronounced FAIL.

Game 45 Miles: 3 (lunch break)

No comments:

Post a Comment